The Recorder

Comments (8)

All The Recorder Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• T

TonyOct 23, 2015 at 10:21 am

STUDENTS!!! Wake-up and smell the coffee…you got tricked in 2013 when you listened to Erin’s wealthy businessmen friends tell you to vote for Erin or they would raise your rent if she lost. The vocal businessman with all the money for those “education sessions” back then is in federal prison right now for bank fraud so, sadly, you won’t have him to scream at you to, “Vote Team Stewart” this election.
    All residents, especially CCSU students, should be shocked that over the past five months, six people have been shot in New Britain and none of those shootings had anything to do with CCSU students, yet all you hear from City Hall is that CCSU students are the city’s biggest problem. Really Erin? To me, and probably most New Britain residents, a person shooting someone is more important to concentrate on than a person peeing. Anyone agree? If you do, then get out to vote and be heard!

Reply
  • D

DavidOct 22, 2015 at 11:20 am

VERY, VERY sneaky the way members of Team Stewart tried to get the illegal ordnance against CCSU students cunningly push through with their late night Common Council meetings during the summer semester break for the students. Thanks to Wyatt and other local CCSU students, along with various landlords that rent to students, the threat to CCSU students and landlords was stopped cold.
    This should be reason enough for the paper not to endorse Erin or Team Stewart.

Reply
  • A

AlOct 21, 2015 at 8:36 pm

Can’t we all be Erin’s friend?
    https://vimeo.com/86946442

Reply
  • J

James WhalenOct 21, 2015 at 8:08 pm

As an Alum of CCSU I’m not surprised by the complete lack of respect this paper has ever had for anyone. The paper which had editorial staff, from 2006-2007, cause so much controversey that it became the subject of statewide press and unrepairable damage to its brand, finds that because the Mayor wishes to not have you on her twitter account is a surprise? Seems nothing has changed at CCSU as far as what is considered good taste or what the real world is really like.
    You are all probably better off not even bothering to publish this paper anymore nevermind being considered “journalists” since your skins are extremely thin.
    Good luck keeping your reputation.

Reply
  • B

Bruno MuracaOct 21, 2015 at 6:03 pm

I saw when you guys posted. You were trying to get backlash and bugging her. She’s a good mayor and is for the people. Maybe it’s not always easy but she’s one of the best out there. I know that. So much for journalists being opinion free and reporting the facts only. This has “we’re mad” all over it. You have every right to block you, and if she did, she has the same.

Reply
  • C

CraigOct 21, 2015 at 5:31 pm

Wyatt – Why is your Twitter Account locked? As a candidate from the 4th, I would think that you would want people to see your tweets. As a 30 year resident and homeowner there, I’m curious as to why you did that. So much for transparency on your part.

Reply
  • K

KelleyOct 21, 2015 at 2:41 pm

The Recorder is no longer endorsing Stewart because she blocked an editor on Twitter?
    It’s interesting that The Recorder and its Editorial Staff would call Stewart immature and then turn to equally immature tactics to get back at her.
    In terms of maturity, why doesn’t The Recorder actually report on the politics and public issues, such as high unemployment and social service, that it addresses in the above article? Why don’t you, Editorial Staff, write articles about how New Britain politics and policies actually impact CCSU students and other residents?
    As a CCSU alumnus and proud support of Mayor Erin Stewart I would expect better from both parties in this situation.

Reply
  • J

Jimmy JonesOct 21, 2015 at 2:11 pm

CCSU students…do as I say, not as I do.
    https://twitter.com/latino4progress/media

Reply
Activate Search
An Open Letter to Mayor Erin Stewart