Dean’s Cup Rewind Kicks Off Spring Week 

Savanna Yelling, Managing Editor

Central Connecticut State University students and staff battled in a series of dodgeball and volleyball games in the Dean’s Cup Rewind on Tuesday. 

The Dean’s Cup is an annual CCSU full-campus field day. Residence halls compete against each other in monthly challenges leading up to Super Saturday, the final challenge. 

The event took place in the C.J. Huang Recreation Center at 7 p.m. as a part of Spring Week hosted by the Inter-Residence Council, Central Activities Network and RECentral.  

Teams were made up of six members each. One team was comprised of faculty and staff members, and the other was all CCSU students.  

The student team lost 1-2 in the three-game dodgeball series. 

Jahshua Hardy, a media studies major at CCSU, said he unexpectedly joined the games. 

“I had some free time because my class got canceled,” Hardy said.  

Despite the student team falling short to the staff, Hardy said he enjoyed the dodgeball portion of the night. 

“Everybody’s going to play volleyball now,” Hardy said. “I was looking forward to more dodgeball, to be honest.” 

Despite not planning on attending the event, Hardy said he enjoyed the experience. 

“I just wanted to get the opportunity to just come out, have fun and play some games,” Hardy said. “It was really fun.” 

The Dean’s Cup Rewind is a preview of Super Saturday. The final Dean’s Cup event, hosted by IRC, takes place on April 22.