Former Central Student Who Threatened Mass Shooting Charged With Assault

Isabella Chan, Editor-In-Chief

Months after making threats of a mass shooting, a former Central Connecticut student was arrested by Norwalk Police for assaulting his father.

Brandon Wagshol, 22, was arrested after pushing his father, Abraham Wagshol, into a wall and hitting him in the head with a two-foot pipe, according to police reports. The 5 a.m. attack on Saturday morning left the victim with a “large laceration,” upon their head. ? Police recovered the weapon as evidence.

Wagshol was charged with disorderly conduct and second-degree assault with a bail set at $500,000.

During his arraignment at Norwalk Superior Court on Feb. 3, Wagshol’s father informed Judge William Wenzel that his son had never attacked him before and did not think the incident was “intentional,” according to the Hartford Courant.

“I don’t feel a threat from him,” Abraham Wagshol stated to the judge. “He’s never attacked me before.”

Darnell Crosland, Wagshol’s attorney, noted that during the time of the incident, his client was in the midst of changing medications and may have been experiencing serious side effects.

Prior to this, Wagshol was arrested for the illegal possession of four high-capacity gun magazines. Wagshol has since been suspended and is temporarily banned from the university campus. The pending case required him to wear an ankle bracelet and remain on house arrest after being released on a $250,000 bond.

The suspect claims he “did not have the intention of committing any mass shootings at all whatsoever.”

Records showed that Wagshol was previously involved in two domestic incidents with past family members.