Pep Rally Prepares Students For Homecoming

Julia Conant, Arts & Entertainment Editor

Despite heavy wind and temperatures in the low 50’s, Central Connecticut students and faculty alike gathered in the quad up the hill last Friday for C.A.N. and S.G.A.’s Pep Rally.

Within minutes of the Pep Rally beginning, students flocked the table giving away free tie-dye Homecoming 2019 long-sleeves. As with most Central events handing out free shirts, the late-comers had to settle for shirts several sizes bigger than desired.

The Inter-Residence Council held a game of giant Jenga. Participating students had three chances to pull out a Jenga block with either an S (small prize), M (medium prize) or L (large prize) written on it. For those who weren’t lucky enough to pull a prize block (like the person writing this article), they were still offered consolation prizes such as lanyards and halloween candy.

There was also a face painting booth. Students could have their faces painted blue and white, displaying CCSU pride.

Central’s marching band, pep squad and dance team entertained attendees of the Pep Rally with musical and dance performances.

A couple food trucks lined the blacktop, as well as food from Sodexo such as wings, pizza and mozzarella sticks. A beverage station offered water, coffee and hot chocolate.

After the Pep Rally, C.A.N. revealed that the second headlining act of their fall concert will be Teen Choice Award nominee, Jesse McCartney. Follow C.A.N. on Instagram @can_ccsu for updates on how to attend the concert on November 2.