C.A.N. And S.G.A. Host Homecoming Week

Julia Conant, Arts & Entertainment Editor

In the week leading up to the homecoming football game, C.A.N. and S.G.A. have partnered together and planned a week of fun events to get students excited with school spirit. Monday through Saturday next week, expect to be preoccupied with these fall, sports and homecoming themed events.

Monday, Oct. 14: “C.A.N. You Wing It?”

Homecoming weeks starts with “C.A.N. You Wing It?” since eating wings is a football tradition. Both sweet and spicy wings will be available, as well as tailgating activities such as cornhole and food competitions. “Pre-game music” will be played and students will be able to play Madden NFL 20.

The event takes place in Semesters in the Student Center, and will be held at two different times on Monday. Once from 12 to 2 p.m., and again from 6 to 8 p.m.

Tuesday, Oct. 15: “C.A.N. Touchdown Bingo”

Big prizes will be given away to winners of “C.A.N. Touchdown Bingo,” with the grand prize being a pair of Patriots tickets. However, you don’t need to win bingo to feel like a winner. There will also be free food and giveaways for students who show up and participate. Bingo will be sports themed, but even students who don’t have an extensive football background can attend and have fun.

“C.A.N. Touchdown Bingo” will be held in Semesters from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m.

Wednesday, Oct. 16: “Paint Night: Homecoming Edition”

Students can paint and take home a creation of their own at “Paint Night: Homecoming Edition.” The point of this event is to show off your creativity with other students. This is a perfect opportunity to get into the fall spirit, since the event is fall inspired. Corq says that there are a limited amount of spots available, so RSVP while you still can.

“Paint Night: Homecoming Edition” takes place in Semesters from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 18: “Pep Rally”

Get excited for the football game at Friday’s “Pep Rally.” Students can earn their horns by grabbing a free pair of blue devil horns. There will be free t-shirts, as per usual. Food trucks, performances, and activities will be taking place, so it’s an event you don’t want to miss.

The “Pep Rally” will take place from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Quad between Sam May, Gallaudet, Vance and Sheridan residence halls.

Saturday, Oct. 19: “Family Day”

To close out the week, “Family Day” will feature several clubs and organizations before the football game. C.A.N. will hand out free t-shirts, as well as host a Stuff-A-Bear event where students can stuff their own teddy bear.

“Family Day” takes place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Quad.

“Homecoming Week” is sure to get you into the correct school spirit mood to cheer on Central at the football game.