Art Students Prepare For Graduation With Final Capstones

Julia Conant, Social Media Editor

From now until May 9, the Central Connecticut Art Gallery is hosting a capstone exhibition that showcases this year’s graduating art students’ capstone projects. The pieces range in media, from animation to acrylic, to fabric.

Students got crafty with how they chose to present their capstones. Some build sceneries to showcase and accentuate their projects. Two students built a cafe in the corner of the gallery to showcase their comics. Another student put together a reading nook with pillows gathered in the corner, for patrons to curl up and read the book that she illustrated.

First, second and third place ribbons were awarded to deserving students. Jackie Madrazo won first prize in the capstone exhibition with her pieces in which she portrayed important women in her life as Greek goddesses. Trihn Quach won second place for her animation entitled “Toffee and Latte.” Third place was a tie between Ciara Lopez and William Bellenger. Lopez submitted pieces depicting people who helped her through her transition from the Dominican Republic to the United States, and Bellenger submitted digital art of fantasy settings he has created.

The art gallery is open Monday through Friday, 1 to 4 p.m. It is located on the second floor of Maloney Hall.