CCSU Students Spring Into Spring

Isabella Chan, Assistant News Editor

The spring semester is coming in with a cold awakening, but Central Connecticut students are ready to take it on. Many are staying hopeful for the outcome of what the semester may bring, including classes, sports and social life.

Normally, I feel like the spring semester goes by a lot slower than the fall one so there’s not much to look forward to. Finishing off my junior year is going to be stressful, but I know as long as I get all my credits done and set everything up good for my senior year, then I’ll be good. What I’m looking forward to most is just the warm weather. The cold has been ridiculous and I’m tired of it.” – Joseph Riley, Junior

In a way I never really left since I work on campus, but it was a nice long break. I’m nervous this semester, truthfully, because I am a ‘super-senior,’ so there’s pressure to pass all my classes and get the credits in order to graduate [on time]. I guess I’m looking forward to graduating and possibly finding [a job] for the career I went to school for. I want a cool librarian job. I’m just looking forward to what the universe might offer me, you know, in the mysterious things it does. I’m open to anything and everything.” – Erin Evans, Senior

“I’ve had a lot of time here and am more experienced. Now, I’m gonna have all my goals together: tackling all my classes, being positive and managing sports and classes. My experiences [from before] are gonna help me not be overwhelmed juggling classes and sports, knowing how to better manage my time and stay focused on both without falling behind on either.” – Xavier Bass, Junior

It’s second semester, so I’m excited to get a fresh start. That adjustment period from first semester was a bit rough, but now I’m good. I got my head on my shoulders and I’m ready to tackle these classes. I’m being hopefully schoolwise. Last semester, my grades were steady. I want to do better this semester and get more involved on the campus by going to clubs and activities going on.” – Nolan Hurst, Freshman