What’s New, CCSU?

Sarah Willson, Managing Editor

• The Marxist Student Union will host a forum on “the Marxist understanding of gender and sexuality” in hopes to “fight back against attacks on women’s rights, gay rights and transgender rights.” The discussion will take place on Wednesday, Dec. 5 at 6 p.m. in the Student Center.
  • The Phi Delta Theta Induction Ceremony will be held on Thursday, Dec. 6 at 5 p.m. in the Marcus White Living Room.
  • The Taylor A. Greene High School Prose Writing Contest Honors and Award Ceremony is happening Dec. 6 at 5:30 p.m. in the Sprague Carleton Room in the Student Center.
  • The Brothers of Divisi Fall Concert will take place on Dec. 6 at 7:30 p.m. in the Welte Auditorium. Songs from Jon Bellion, Hozier, Imagine Dragons and more will be performed.
  • The Software Engineering capstone presentations will be on Friday, Dec. 7 at 11 a.m. in Maria Sanford Hall Room 108.
  • TGID, or “Too Good For Instruments,” an all-girl a cappella group, will be performing on Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m. in Torp Theater in Davidson Hall.
  • Harper Lee’s “To Kill a Mocking Bird” will be performed by the Theatre Department on Dec. 7 and 8 at 7:30 p.m.
  • The Presidents Advisory Council on “Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs” will be on Thursday, Dec. 11 at 11:30 a.m. in the Student Center’s Blue and White Room.
  • “The Presidents Holiday Open House” will take place on Dec. 11 in Alumni Hall in the Student Center starting at 3 p.m.