Last-Minute Halloween Tips

Angela Fortuna, Editor-in-Chief

Happy Halloween, BOO Devils!

Today is your last excuse to dress up in the costume you wish and have some fun, whether you’re trick-or-treating or going to a party. Before you go out with friends and enjoy your night, make sure you consider these helpful tips.

1. Stay with your friends.

No matter how tempting it may be to wander off on your own and meet new people, make sure you stay with your friends and use a buddy system. Whatever the night’s festivities may be, wandering off alone or letting your friends go off on their own is not a good idea.

2. Utilize campus safety.

The CCSU Police Department provides “security escorts” to people of the Central community who feel unsafe walking alone. You can call Police Dispatch at 860-832-2375 or from any of the campus safety phones.

3. Save your candy, make it last!

If you plan on going trick-or-treating or buying candy from the store, it can be easy to eat it all in one night. Eating a few pieces a day will make your candy supply last longer to enjoy over a longer period of time.

4. Visit Spirit Halloween for last-minute shopping.

If you are in need of a last-minute Halloween costume or festive decorations, Spirit Halloween is the place to go. The store is open until 9 p.m. for anything Halloween-related you may want or need.

5. When in doubt, take an Uber.

Whether you don’t feel safe to drive or you simply just don’t feel like it, Uber is always an option. You can call an Uber at any time and someone will come to your location within minutes to take you where you want to go.

6. Keep an eye on your possessions.

There’s going to be a lot of people out and about, so if you choose to go to a bar or a party, keep an eye on your drinks and belongings.

7. Don’t take anything from strangers.

Yes, the myth is true. Don’t take handouts from people you don’t know.