CCSU Art Department 2018 Faculty Exhibition

Natalie Dest, Arts & Entertainments Editor

The CCSU Faculty Exhibition of 2018 is free admission beginning on Sept. 6 to Oct. 4.

It is no secret that Central Connecticut is filled with inspiring and amazing faculty members that continue to support us students on a day-to-day basis, whether that be in the classroom or throughout campus.

As fellow Blue Devils, us students should show our thanks and give back to our supportive faculty by joining them for the CCSU Art Department Faculty Exhibition 2018.

Starting on Sept. 6 to Oct. 4 with free admission, artwork by “permanent and adjunct faculty from the art department will be on display in the university galleries,” according to the CCSU’s Art Gallery’s website.

This is an exhibit that is sure to reflect the diverse and creative outlook of the CCSU faculty artists, as well as showcase a variety of media.

The list of artists represented in this year’s exhibition are as follows:

James Buxton

Melanie Carr

Thomas Edwards

Linda Edwards

Theodore Efremoff

Sherinatu Fafunwa-Ndide

Theresa Feder

Craig Frederick

Sean Gallagher

Vicente Garcia

David Holzman

Victoria Kniering

Layet Johnson

Glenn LaVertu

Adam Niklewicz

Daniel Riccio

Rachel Siporin

Patricia Weise

The CCSU Art Galleries are located on the second floor of the Samuel S. T. Chen Fine Arts Center in Maloney Hall at the corner of Stanley Street and Ella Grasso Boulevard. Free parking for the event is available in Welte Garage if you are a student or faculty member. Alternatively, visitors may use the Student Center Garage, Kaiser Lot and Copernicus Garage.

The gallery will be open on Thursday, Sept. 6 from 4-7 p.m. and 1-4 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Regular gallery hours are from 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.