The Recorder

Comments (16)

All The Recorder Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• A

AnnonMay 3, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Thank you for having the courage to write this and the intelligence to write it so well

Reply
  • O

OVER ITApr 16, 2018 at 2:59 pm

This is an epidemic in theatre departments nationwide. Brave reporting at the collegiate level. This article was sent to a professor at another small, private liberal arts college with a similar reputation. His response? “Why are you sending me this?” BLOW THIS UP. #metoo

Reply
  • AnonymousApr 12, 2018 at 12:45 pm

As the parent of one of the victims, I wrote an email to him demanding that he stop contacting our daughter via any means. I also told him that we were going to notify the police about the incident as it appeared that CCSU was not going to do anything. He wrote back in an email with profuse apologies for the whole “mess” and stated that he had already begun the process of seeking counseling for his “problems”. He asked that we not report him to the police as this would put his marriage and career at risk. He promised that change in him was imminent. Our fail in believing him.

Reply
    • A

Angela FortunaApr 12, 2018 at 1:06 pm

Would you be willing to further communicate over email? I’m sorry your daughter had to go through this. Thank you for reaching out to us.

Reply
  • A

AnonymousApr 12, 2018 at 12:36 am

Investigate Thom Delventhal, too. He’s just as much of a creep as Josh.

Reply
    • A

Angela FortunaApr 12, 2018 at 12:34 pm

Hello,

My name is Angela and I am the Editor-in-Chief of The Recorder. I would love to hear more about what you have to say regarding Professor Delventhal. My email is [email protected] is you feel comfortable about reaching out. Thank you.

Reply
    • AnonymousApr 18, 2018 at 12:57 pm

Thats ABSOLUTE nonsense, Thom Delventhal is a loving family man who puts the wellfare of his students before anything else. Don’t spread false statements.

Reply
    • AnonymousApr 18, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Thom is a wonderful, loving family man who loves and cares for his students as if they are his own children. I worked very closely with him on several productions and am friends with/went to school with one of his sons. The entire family is full of kind, caring people… Please check your facts before pulling and honest, dear man’s name through the mud.

Reply
  • AnonymousApr 11, 2018 at 3:30 pm

Long ago Recorder alumnus here. Saw the Courant link. This is an outstanding piece of reporting. Kudos to the reporter and editors for this bold and brave work.

Reply
  • J

Jane DoeApr 11, 2018 at 1:55 pm

This is a literal #metoo moment for me…. I attended CCSU from 2003-2008 and was involved with the theater dept for the first two years. I was repeatedly approached by Josh Perlstein, who made unwanted and unencouraged advances towards me on multiple occasions. Afraid that it would only serve to reflect badly upon me, I never made a formal complaint. But after I emphatically turned down his invitation to kiss him, suddenly my grade in my theater class dropped for no explainable reason. I left the department and never went near that corner of campus again. I am relieved to see his long pattern of despicable behavior is being brought to life. Well done, Recorder!

Reply
    • A

Anna S KellyApr 11, 2018 at 11:09 pm

Jane, my heart aches reading your story, but I am so proud of you for being able to verbalize it here. I have started a private support group for women who have had these experiences with Josh. Send me a message on Facebook, I would love to include you.
      ❤️Anna S Kelly

Reply
    • A

Angela FortunaApr 12, 2018 at 12:32 pm

Hello,

I am the Editor-in-Chief of The Recorder and would love to talk to you more about your experiences if you are comfortable with that. My email is [email protected] if you would like to reach out.

Thank you, Angela Fortuna

Reply
  • AnonymousApr 11, 2018 at 10:44 am

Thank you

Reply
  • A

AnonymousApr 11, 2018 at 7:29 am

Bold story. I hope there is real change at the campus. Too many lives have been negatively impacted by this professor.

Reply
  • AnonymousApr 10, 2018 at 7:26 pm

A well documented, well researched article.

Reply
  • AnonymousApr 10, 2018 at 1:16 pm

Good reporting on an important story.

Reply
Activate Search
Multiple Women Accuse Theater Professor Of Sexual Misconduct