Blue Devils Weeks of Welcome Events

Julia Conant, Arts & Entertainment Editor

During the first few weeks of school, Central Activities Network (C.A.N.) will welcome students to campus with a series of events that they are calling “Blue Devils Weeks of Welcome.” While the first welcome week event “Central Park Coffeehouse” already occurred on Tuesday, you can still attend the other seven welcome week events.

Dive In With C.A.N.– Wednesday, August 28

Wednesday’s C.A.N. event is based around an aquatic theme. It’ll feature a mechanical shark, touch tank and photo booth. There will also be food, giveaways and games. “Dive In With C.A.N.” will be held on Vance Lawn from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Blue Devil Trivia– Thursday, August 29

The first “Devils Den @ 10” event of the semester will challenge how well you know CCSU. All of the trivia will have to do with the university, and winners will win big prizes. “Blue Devil Trivia” will be held in Semesters from 10 p.m. to 12 a.m.

Kizer Trail with C.A.N.– Saturday, August 31

Tickets are on sale at the information desk for Saturday’s trip to Brownstone Exploration and Discovery Park. The $15 ticket will cover the cost of transportation, lunch and admission to the park. The trip takes place from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

One Ton Fruit Frenzy– Tuesday, September 3

On Tuesday, C.A.N. will set up in the Student Center Circle and provide fresh fruit creations to students. Come grab a refreshing treat between classes. “One Ton Fruit Frenzy” will be held from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Bad and Bubbly Foam Party– Thursday, September 5

For this event, C.A.N. will bring a foam pit, slip and slide, DJ and more to Vance Lawn. There will also be DIYs and places for students to take photos. The “Bad and Bubbly Foam Party” will take place from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.

C.A.N.chella– Tuesday, September 10

C.A.N.chella is spinoff of the popular arts and music festival Coachella. It will feature vendors, local performers, a roller rink and festival themed DIYs. The vendors will be located on Vance Lawn and the roller rink in the Student Center Circle. “C.A.N.chella” will be held from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Make Me Laugh– Tuesday, September 17

Comedian Jenny Zigrino will close out C.A.N.’s “Weeks of Welcome” with a comedy show. Zigrino has been featured on Conan O’Brien, Comedy Central and many others. “Make Me Laugh” will be held in Semesters from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.