SGA Briefs

Kristina Vakhman, News Editor

The Student Government Association meets every Wednesday at 3:05 p.m. in Bellin A and B in the Student Center. These briefs are from the SGA’s meeting on Sept. 12.

• Twenty people are running in the SGA’s upcoming senatorial election. A Candidate Gallery will be held on Sept. 24 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m in the Student Center Circle. The Public Affairs Committee will be hosting a tabling to vote in the election on Sept. 25 and 26 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
  • The External Affairs Committee is organizing a debate between candidates for Connecticut’s lieutenant governor. It is currently looking to be on Oct. 23 in Welte Auditorium. 
  • The External Affairs Committee is also planning to hold a tabling for voter registration on Sept. 25, which is National Voter Registration Day.
  • The first Good Neighbor Campaign will be held on Sept. 29 at around 10 a.m. Details still need to be finalized.
  • Family Promise of Central Connecticut State University, founded by CCSU English Professor Kara Russell, will have its third annual Walk Away Homelessness event on Sept. 29. Anyone interested can register at www://fpcct.gojiggy.com or via same-day registration at Walnut Hill Park beginning at 9 a.m. behind the Band Shell. Walkers who raise at least $100 in combined pledges will receive an official event t-shirt.
  • Coordinator of Community Engagement Jessica Hernandez stated there will be a Community Cleanup event in collaboration with the North-Oak Neighborhood Revitalization Zone on Oct. 6 from 9 to 11:30 a.m beginning at the Oak Street Police Substation.
  • Fresh Check Day is set to be held on Oct. 18 in the Student Center’s Alumni Hall from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The free mental health and wellness event will feature entertainment, prizes, giveaways and more.
  • A motion to approve the Tourism and Hospitality Club new club budget request with $5,594.00 going to Conference Travel and cutting $1,161.00 from Hotel Accommodations passed.