WFCS FM-107.7 The Edge Presents A Lip Sync Battle

What better way to spend your Thursday nights then hanging out with your friends at Devil’s Den every 10 p.m.? On Sept. 6, our school radio network, WFCS FM-107.7 The Edge hosted a lip sync battle in Semesters.

Devon “DJ WavyD” Wilson, public relations manager, introduced the idea of showcasing their funky fresh beats and stellar DJs during a Devil’s Den @ 10 “to get more people involved and to have a great time.”

In a lip-syncing similar fashion as the as the Paramount Network show, “Lip Sync Battle,” hosted by LL Cool J and Chrissy Teigen the audience was able to compete against some of their favorite songs.

Central Connecticut students mustered up the courage and came up on stage and lip-synced their hearts away. CCSU sophomore Alissa Anglis, who went up stage, said “I had a lot of fun and people who I didn’t even know were cheering me on and it was cool with my five minutes of fame.”

Another students who did not partake in the lip syncing also enjoyed the battle that CCSU’s radio show sponsored.

“The event was really fun and I was glad to see so many people involved and keeping the night alive,” commented Sarpong.

Gabbi Moore agreed, “It’s a great way to get students involved and to enjoy a night with your friends and a cool way to meet new people.”

The show helped people to get out of their comfort zone and entertain the audience who cheered them on making them feel confident about performing. The battles inspired a crowd full of laughters and smiles.

When not performing or watching, students could also make their own frisbee by painting any desired pattern.

Wilson and Trevor “DJ Craz” Toppin were happy with the outcome of the show.

“I thought we would get forty people, but it was a lot of people and it was an appropriate time so shout out to Devil’s Den,” Wilson said.

Freshmen mechanical engineer student, Toppin said, “I hope to bring more events like this to campus. I want to get more people involved in the radio station and a lot of community gathering.”

“I was impressed that a lot of people came and usually we don’t have many people that come to the events, but all the seating was packed and there was no seat left,” Toppin continued.

Anyone wishing to sign up for the radio can stop into the station when one of the main directors are in the station according to the posted hours on their door or they can contact [email protected]. Interested student can also contact the station manager at [email protected].

WFCS FM-107.7 The Edge still have a few slots open, but a new member will get to choose from the remaining two-hour blocks after completing their training. Training consists of sitting with veteran DJs for shows and events.