SGA Briefs

Kristina Vakhman, News Editor

The Student Government Association meets every Wednesday at 3:05 p.m. in Bellin A and B in the Student Center. These briefs are from the SGA’s meeting on Aug. 29.

• Interim Vice President of Student Affairs Dr. Peter Troiano announced that the department is searching for a director for Student Wellness Services – Health Services and a director of Student Wellness Services – Counselor Services. Both are currently headed by associate directors.
  • Additionally, Troiano stated that Student Affairs will soon begin the search for a new head of Student Conduct following former director’s Chris Dukes’ arrest and charging.
  • Club training regarding the new budget request system on The Link will commence next week.
  • There will be six mandatory bystander training sessions in September, as well as additional training sessions in October or November for those who cannot attend the September ones. Club executive boards must complete their training if they wish for their club to receive funding. They can sign up for a training session at https://form.jotform.com/82104020788148. The training dates are as follows:
    • Sept. 10 from 5 to 6:30 pm in Bellin A in the Student Center.
    • Sept. 11 from 8 to 9:30 p.m. in Sprague Carlton in the Student Center.
    • Sept. 13 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. in Sprague Carlton in the Student Center.
    • Sept. 15 from 2 to 3:30 p.m. in Sprague Carlton in the Student Center.
    • Sept. 17 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Philbrick Room in the Student Center.
    • Sept. 22 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. in the Philbrick Room in the Student Center.
    • Sept. 28 from 10 to 11:30 a.m. in Sprague Carlton in the Student Center.
  •  A motion for the SGA not to exceed $250 for food and refreshments during financial club training sessions passed.