SGA Briefs

Kristina Vakhman, News Editor

The Student Government Association meets every Wednesday at 3:05 p.m. in Bellin A and B of the Student Center. These briefs are from the SGA’s meeting on Feb. 27.

• Senator Justin Boutin was voted the External Affairs Committee’s new vice-chair following Senator Matthew Kuroghlian’s resignation from the position.
  • Senator James Angelopoulos rescinded his candidacy for the SGA vice presidency and resigned from the SGA.
  • A resolution in support of Connecticut State Colleges and Universities students testifying before the Connecticut General Assembly’s Appropriations Committee passed.
  • A motion not to exceed $20,000 for the Public Affairs Committee’s budget going toward the National Student Leadership Diversity Convention passed.
  • A motion to allocate $3,555.00 to Phi Delta Theta and the SGA Co-Sponsorship Committee for their ALS walk passed.
  • A motion that reads that the Student Life Committee will coordinate club bystander trainings in order for the clubs to be eligible for funding passed.
  • A motion to allow a 20 percent deduction from a club’s base budget if only e-board member attends bystander trainings and a 40 percent deduction if no e-board member attends bystander trainings, without appealing to the Student Life Committee chair, passed.
  • A motion to allocate $800 to the Fashion and Design Club passed.
  • A motion to transfer $4,803.52 from SG9018 to SG9016 passed.
  • The following items passed in a consent agenda:
    • A motion to allocate $1,289.00 to the Exercise Science Club for the co-sponsorship with the SGA.
    • A motion to allocate $791.00 for the Gerontology Club’s conference.
    • motion to allocate $2,309.64 to the Latin American Student Organization.