SGA Briefs

Kristina Vakhman, News Editor

The Student Government Association meets every Wednesday at 3:05 p.m. in Bellin A and B in the Student Center. These briefs are from the SGA’s meeting on Oct 3.

• The Office of Student Affairs will be hiring new directors for Counseling and Student Wellness Services as part of Student Affairs’ plan to integrate all three branches of Student Wellness Services, according to Interim Vice President of Student Affairs Dr. Peter Troiano.
  • Lisa Roy, the internship coordinator at the Connecticut General Assembly, will be available to meet with students from 12:10 to 1:30 p.m. on Oct. 15 in the Political Science Department.
  • The following items passed in a consent agenda:
    • A motion to allocate $278.91 to the United Caribbean Club for two hotel rooms for their two advisors and the bus driver for a Conference Cultural Weekend conference in Montreal.
    • A motion to allocate $1,376.12 to the Tennis Club for accommodations for a tournament at Harvard University.
    • A motion to allocate $190 to the Psychology Club for refreshments for an Oct. 29 movie night event at 6 p.m. The movie featured will be “Experimenter,” which follows a social psychologist who conducts controversial experiments.
    • A motion to allocate $586 to Autism Connection Club for the “Pumpkin Pals” event on Oct. 31.